Welcome to Nockamixon Township online.
We strive to populate this site with the information about Nockamixon Township. If you would like to contact the Township Office, please do via the form on our Contact page.
Our five-member Board of Supervisors meet at 7:30 PM on the third Thursday of each month at our township building. Regular meetings are open to the public and respectful input is welcomed during public comment time. The deadline to enter items into the official BOS Meeting Agenda is 3:00 pm Thursday, prior to a meeting.
As we prepare for the first snow event of 2016, the Township asks it’s residents cooperation on the following:
Do not park cars on roadways
Remove thrash cans from roadway
Do not throw, dump, shovel, push or pile snow removed from sidewalks and driveways into the road
Just following these few requests makes it easier and safer for our road department to clear the roads,
The Ottsville Fire Company will be open from 4pm January 22 through the weekend as a temporary shelter.
Increased Bear Sightings:
How to Avoid Them and What To Do If You Can’t
Road & Bridge Closures in Nockamixon Twp:
- Traugers Crossing Road – Bridge is open
Emergency Situations & Events
In the event of any type of emergency, natural or human-caused:
- If you experience life-threatening conditions, dial 911 and follow their instructions.
- Tune to your local radio or TV station for breaking news and emergency alerts. We recommend WFMZ Channel 69 (TV), WDVR FM 89.7 or 91.9.
- Monitor the Twitter feed (@NoxEMAWxComm) and Facebook page of the Nockamixon Emergency Management Agency for breaking news.
- During ongoing incidents, check the EMA website for emergency alerts and instructions.
- Nockamixon Township has no police department of its own. We are protected by the State Police stationed at Dublin Barracks. If you must call them directly, you can do so at 610-847-0911. Their non-emergency number is 215-249-9191.
Nockamixon Township does not have its own local police force. We are patrolled by the Pennsylvania State Police from the Dublin barracks at 3218 Rickert Road in Perkasie, PA 18944.
State Police public contact line is 215-249-9191.
The Dublin barracks directly line is 610-847-0911 for non-emergency situations. In an emergency, dial 9-1-1.
You can also connect with the PA State Police via social media on Facebook.