Welcome to Nockamixon Township online.
We’re working hard to provide more information, in formats more easily accessible to all our residents and businesses in Nockamixon Township. Please check back as we continue to populate our site with the information you need and want about our Township.
POTHOLES – If you see a pothole on a county road (Rt. 611, Rt. 412), please call to report it to PennDOT Bucks County at 215-345-6060. If you see one on a township road, please report it to our Road Department at 610-847-2727.
NEW TOOL FOR JOB SEEKERS – This week, a new tool was unveiled to help jobseekers prepare for the workforce. The new feature is on the state’s job matching website, JobGateway. The tool is called “Big Interview,” a mock interview feature to help jobseekers prepare for the workforce. Big Interview offers site visitors the option of creating and recording an occupation-specific mock job interview that can be uploaded and sent to professors, friends and family for feedback. JobGateway averages more than 10,000 new job postings every day.
SPECIAL VETERANS’ DRIVER LICENSES, PLATES & ID CARDS – Pennsylvania now offers Veteran designations on state-issued driver licenses or non-driver identification cards for servicemen and servicewomen. This designation allows veterans to more easily demonstrate veteran status, to take advantage of special offers and discounts available from businesses that offer them.
Under 2012′s Act 176, the veteran designation is available to people with valid honorable military discharge papers. To qualify, an applicant would have to be a person who has served in the United States Armed Forces, including the reserves or National Guard, and who was discharged or released from service under conditions other than dishonorable.
The designation is available to eligible veterans at no charge, when they next renew their licenses or ID cards. If veterans want the designation prior to their next renewal, they must pay a duplicate license fee. Basic duplicate driver’s licenses cost $13.50; fees for other types of licenses vary. Learn more.
Latest News Here
In the event of any type of emergency, whether natural or manmade:
- If you experience life-threatening conditions, dial 911 and follow their instructions.
- Tune to your local radio or TV station for breaking news and emergency alerts. We recommend WFMZ Channel 69 (TV), WDVR FM 89.7 or 91.9.
- Monitor the Twitter feed (@NoxEMAWxComm) and Facebook page of the Nockamixon Emergency Management Agency for breaking news.
- During ongoing incidents, check the EMA website for emergency alerts and instructions.
- Nockamixon Township has no police department of its own. We are protected by the State Police stationed at Dublin Barracks. If you must call them directly, you can do so at 610-847-0911. Their non-emergency number is 215-249-9191.